How to Sungaze + Benefits of Sungazing
Our Sun may be one of the most neglected free resources that we have. Especially those on a spiritual path or want to evolve consciousness. The Sun provides energy that can benefit us on physical and spiritual levels. This article will help you start a sungazing practice so you can SAFELY take in the Sun.
WARNING: The safest time to sungaze or look at the Sun is no later than 30 minutes after sunrise and within 30 minutes before sunset. This is the safe zone. Your eyes will take in little to no UV rays.
One of my first areas of study was related to the 3rd eye or pineal gland. This was before the 3rd eye became mainstream and many people were aware of its functions. There was not much info out at the time but one thing was confirmed and repeated; the Sun has positive effects on the pineal gland.
The pineal gland along with the pituitary are considered master glands. The pineal gland helps regulate our sleep/wake cycle and produces two very important hormones; serotonin and melatonin.
Serotonin is called the "happy hormone" and is produced during the daytime. Melatonin also called the "hormone of darkness" is obviously produced in the evening or nighttime. It is the production of melatonin that makes us drowsy. When we are asleep, melatonin converts to DMT or dimethyltryptamine, which triggers dreams and other astral travels.
The scientific fact that the sun helps to decalcify the pineal gland makes this one of the best benefits of sungazing and solar work. Probably the most well-known and documented sungazer is Hira Ratan Manek aka HRM (his website). Dr. George C. Bernard, a leading authority on the pineal gland, was part of a team of scientist that confirmed HRM had significant pineal gland growth and restoration.
The scientists at the University of Pennsylvania reported that HRM's pineal gland was 8X11 mm big. The average size pineal gland in most humans is 6X6 mm. This is a drastic and obvious difference in pineal size and activity. The pineal gland naturally shrinks in most humans especially after puberty.
Master Dr. Mitchell Gibson (his website) was the first person I heard speaking about working with the Sun. Master Gibson is now considered a Solar Master to his followers and students. I recall him saying during an interview that the Sun was one of the biggest catalyst for his evolution and conscious expansion. From my own experience, solar work definitely increases consciousness in a very short period of time.
Let's look at the benefits of sungazing or sun eating:
- Decrease in appetite; weight loss
- Increase production of serotonin and melatonin
- More psychic powers and increase intuition
- Improve eyesight and vision
- More energy and vitality
- Increase sex drive and stamina
- Raise consciousness and awareness
- Decalcify the pineal gland
- Improve overall health
Join my Mailing List & get a FREE 7-Week Spiritual Growth Course!
How to Sungaze Safely
Sungazing is probably the easiest way to take in solar energy. Before we go through the simple steps to start sungazing safely, let's cover a few important tips.
Important Sungazing Tips:
- The safe time to view the sun with the naked eye is no more than 30 minutes after sunrise and within 30 minutes before sunset. Do NOT sungaze any other time. Click here to know the sunrise and sunset times for your location.
- Remove contacts and/or glasses. Sungaze with your bare eyes during the safe times (during sunrise and sunset).
- Smile while you gaze at the Sun. Increase your emotions to a state of joy, love and happiness before gazing. Watch: "How to Invoke Higher Emotions" Video
- Sungazing for Five minutes per day is an excellent solar practice. But, you can do as little as 10-15 seconds daily and see benefits.
- STOP gazing at the Sun if your eyes hurt at ANY time. You may want to sungaze for a very short time (less than when your eyes got irritated).
How to Sungaze Steps
Go out and stand barefooted in sand, dirt or soil (if you can) during the safe time (No more than 30 minutes after sunrise and within 30 minutes before sunset). Face the Sun.
Smile and loosely look at the Sun. Maintain your Joy and Smile while you stare at the Sun during the safe times.
While smiling and staring at the sun, take deep breaths. Feel the Sun filling up your abdomen with air. Hold for a few seconds. Exhale through your nostrils. Nice, slow and deep breaths.
Visualize that you are connecting with the Sun. Because you are. See yourself in the Sun or picture an energetic connection.
This is pretty much it. Of course there are MANY things you can think or do during sungazing. This article is simply a starting point.
You can sungaze for as little as 10 seconds or up to 30 minutes. Just make sure it's during the safe times.
Intro to Solar Rejuvenation (EvolvedLove.org)
The Secret Art of Solar Rejuvenation Book (tybro.com)
The Secrets of Solar Rejuvenation Seminar Video (tybro.com)